As we enter the Thanksgiving and Holiday season in the US, it’s important for us to give thanks for the many ways Selamta has been blessed this year. We are thankful for:
- Happy and healthy forever families in Ethiopia
- Dedicated supporters who give their time, talent and treasure to ensure Selamta’s success
- Gifted Ethiopian staff who live out everyday serving our families
- Volunteers and Ambassadors who travel to live with and serve our families
- New friends who joined Selamta this year through our Lead the Way 5K and other events
- Sponsors who build relationships with our children, youth, moms and families
- New technology that lets all of us connect in new ways even though distance separates us physically
- Our rich history as an organization and those who laid the foundation on which we build
- Parter organizations who support us through donations, expertise, training and new opportunities
- Seeing our kids grow from children to youth to university students – EXTRAORDINARY!
- Opportunities for our moms to learn new skills and find their own independence
- Hope for the bright futures of our families!
Our simple Thank You can’t begin to cover the depth of gratitude we hold for each of you who are a part of Selamta Family Project. It certainly takes a village a raise a child and we are so fortunate to have a worldwide village involved in the raising of our families!
Marisa Stam – US Director